Monday, December 16, 2013

Portrait

Ideal 

Real 

1.) What do I look like?
Elizabeth has big blue eyes and brood shoulders. She has sandy colored hair and a smile that is friendly and opening. She has a good fitted body structure with an oval shaped face and a defined collar bone. She has long, sand colored eye lashes and soft peach complexion. Her lips are light pink and medium sized and has a well defined nose bridge. 

2.) What am I like?
She is a fun loving girl who likes to explore new places and meet new faces. She is always a smiling person and always laughing. She is friendly to everyone she meets and is liked by many people. In her picture, she comes off as a sociable and lively person. In the photo with paint on her face, she also comes off as an inner childlike person that wants to be let out.

3.) Who am I?
She is a spontaneous, outgoing person. Her sense of humor and encouraging personality makes her a wonderful person to be around. When you have a conversation with her, she invites you in and welcomes you with a friendly "hello". When you speak to her, she talks in a way that is comfortable and calming. When you ask her about a deep thought, she speaks her mind in a way that is understandable and meaningful.

Ideal 

Real

1.) What do I look like?
Short black/brown layered hair with silver/white/blonde bangs. I have hazel eyes with an olive skin colored complexion. I have a somewhat of a flat nose bridge and small pink lips. I have a medium sized body and a big boned structure. My face resembles a little bit of a square shaped form and have inward eyelids. 

2.) What am I like? 
From the photographs, I see a caring and curious person. Someone who is understanding of others but is a little conflicted with herself as well. Compared to the black and white picture, I come off as an open person but hides something deep on the inside. 

3.) Who am I?
I think I am the type of person that is artistic and curious. I like to experiment with all different types of art and I love people and getting to know them. I am always asking questions and always wondering about the world around me. I love laughing with people but also sitting down and getting to know them more. To understand where they are coming from. 

- How do the notions of real and ideal alter the questions?
It is sometimes conflicting because there are different sides of a person that is hard to capture in one shot of a photograph. With the ideal and the real, it is somewhat hard to tell who a person can be and who a person wants to be. In a photo, it can only capture a certain time and place; displaying what is there outwardly than inwardly. 

- Has anything changed since you made them in the way you understand the pictures?
This assignment taught me that it is hard to show yourself in a photograph compared to what you are like in reality. It was somewhat hard to capture what a person is really like in a photograph and tell a story along with it just by using their face. There is a deeper meaning behind pictures and looking carefully at them and analyzing them is a good way to better understand that specific meaning. 

My own assessment: neither of the portraits of you are really you.
Agree or Disagree? Why?
In a way, I both agree and disagree with this assessment. I agree in terms of how we portrayed ourselves in our portraits but in retrospect, I disagree because there is more to a person behind the photos that our eyes cannot see. It is hard to show who you really are not only in photos but also in real life as well. We still are trying to figure out who we are in real world and where we stand in society. 




1 comment:

  1. There was more implied in the Richard Brilliant rubric. Where do each of you fit in the world? In society? In 2013?

    ReplyDelete